Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Anyone doing anything unusual or different for Valentine's? Hubby and I are planning to celebrate on Saturday! I can not wait it has been awhile since we have been on a date. Plus with baby coming we need to take as many alone times together as we possibly can! Last night hubby and I went to the grocery store for a few items after church. It was a site to see how many men were in the store selecting flowers, candy, cards, and other such stuff. The flowers were quite the display and I love flowers. I don't like the fact that they jack up the prices of flowers on Valentine's Day because they know men will buy them. I feel sorry for the guys sometimes. They say the "average" guy will spend about $150.00 just on flowers and candy together .OUCH!!! Oh trust me I am not complaining in terms of receiving flowers. I have just directed hubby where to go if he chooses to buy them early where they don't jack up the cost as much and then I don't feel so guilty. I have also told him before (like this year) buy them the day after(almost half price) since they will still mean the same and we are not celebrating till later anyway. Hubby and I over the past few years have taken turns to plan Valentine's Day. This year we are planning together. He has had my gift for weeks and I have no idea what he has gotten. Anyway, I do hope each of you has a wonderful day but remember the greatest love was the sacrifice that Jesus made for our sins!  

1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment