Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Company You Keep!

I had so much fun this past weekend visiting with friends from the past(ex-aimers) and being a part of Soul Link! It was a great time. I love it when I have company in my house. I love to cook for them and have special snacks for them. Then afterwards I get to wash the linens that were used and say a little prayer, " thank you God for the company that came and bless them." You can even pray for your family as you clean the dishes, wash the linens, or mop the floors or whatever. You Thank God for the dirty dishes , the messy floors, and the unmade beds because you love the people who made the mess. It makes your cleaning seem more valuable. You know Soul Link was about linking your soul to the Lord and your relationship to him. However, it was more than that for me. It was linking my soul to old friends and seeing where God has used them in His journey. I got to see familiar faces from my youth group growing up, ex-aimers, and teachers who have taught me through my youth. All in one place for one purpose. Isn't that what it is all about? It really is amazing to me how small this world really can be for all of us! =) I leave you with this thought!  

 1 Peter 3:8  

Finally, all [of you] should be of one and the same mind (united in spirit), sympathizing [with one another], loving [each other] as brethren [of one household], compassionate and courteous (tenderhearted and humble). 

God bless you!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment