Saturday, May 17, 2008

ZZZZZ...can you please return me to sand man land???!!!

Well, it was just one of those nights. Baby bear would not go to sleep. He was hungry, exhausted, and could not decide which he wanted more or needed more of. He typically falls asleep about 10:00 p.m. and sleeps for a few and then gets another feeding. Anyway, he did finally fall asleep at around 12:30 a.m. Needless to say he is a little off his "normal" schedule. I say normal loosely since he is only 6 1/2 weeks old. I think I got to bed around 1:00 a.m. and pappa bear sometime after that. He wanted to make sure baby bear was sleeping. I am not exactly sure how much sleep we both actually got but I can assure you it is not enough. I think our sleeping days are over. I now, know why parents of young ones have bags under their eyes. Well, I always knew why but I have "empathy" for them and (sigh)me too! I am just glad that baby bear finally got some rest earlier today. He is now awake and enjoying the day with his "sleepy" parents.  I think somehow the joke is on us. I am laughing on the inside. No really I am. I am so grateful to have a sweet, easy going baby! 

 

Though earlier today baby bear smiled and giggled at the same time. Yeah, I am so proud!!!

 

Many blessings to you all and get some zzzzz's!

1 comment:

  1. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Rylen goes to bed at around 8:30 and wakes up at 7:30! There will be a time when night time is yours again! Though when he has a rough night, you aren't already in the groove of being up. Anyway, hang in there. Rylen started "sleeping through the night" around his 3rd month and was definitely sleeping really long stretches into his 4th month. So, it may be sooner than you think! I think back to those days and am so happy that Rylen is on a schedule...HA! P.S. I love how you use baby bear and papa bear. so cute!

    ReplyDelete