Saturday, December 1, 2012

ADVENT Calendar

I am soooooo excited about this month of December. This year I actually made a beautiful box with decorated paper, cute buttons and numbers or a.k.a. Advent Calendar for my family. I am sorry that I don't have a picture of it. I will soon. Our goal is to celebrate! Every morning we open the box that corresponds with the day and read what is on the paper. We will celebrate Jesus, family, friends and community. For the next 25 days that is what we will be doing. Some activities are very simple and others require a little more work. The goal is to do something different. Today was simple. Our son hung the star on our Christmas Tree. What I love about starting out with the star is talking about Jesus. It was a bright star that led the wise men to Jesus. It is such a great beginning to a wonderful month that is all about our Savior!

What will you be doing to celebrate the Savior with your family?




Excuse the pictures. It was early in the morning when we did this but at least it is authentic! Plus we were still in our p.j.'s. You know it is these pictures that end up being my favorite. Simply because of what it represents!

No comments:

Post a Comment