Friday, October 2, 2009

Locked In!

So, today after my run at Myer Park I decided we would play at our little neighborhood park. Honestly, we have never use it. I know I am so ashamed because it is a nice one! Anyway, they have several slides, a plastic rock climbing wall, teeter toter, cars, merry go round, a volleyball court and tennis courts. You have to have a key to get into our playground area. Which is fine and makes me feel somewhat safe. However, the tennis courts usually are just open and are never locked. Little man wanted to discover the open space of the tennis courts. I let him and myself into the area to play chase mommie! He loves that game. After about 15 minutes, we needed a potty break or should I say I needed a potty break. I walked over to the gate to open it and discovered very quickly we are locked in. OH NO! "Don't panic", I say to myself. I had left our bag with the keys on the bench in the playground area. YIKES! Plus, the gate has only a key entry in and out so you can't reach around with your hand and turn the lock to open it. I laughed! I began to think okay I am a resourceful woman. There has to be a way. I know! There are 24 hour surrveillance video cameras on so maybe if I wave my hands around like a crazy person they would look and see a toddler and his momma locked in. Right? Quickly, I prayed my 9-1-1 prayer! "I need wisdom now or a police officer would work too Lord!"  I looked at the gate to see that some of the metal had been twisted off to where there was a little opening but not much. I decided to twist off the rest on the sides to create a bigger whole so we both could get out. Sure enough it worked. My little man must have understood because he was right behind me or thought we were going to wrestle since I was so low to the ground. We were free and leaving very quickly since my bladder was in "relieve me" mode.

SO HOW WAS YOUR DAY???? lol

p.s. the above thought process took all of about 90 seconds....=0)











[caption id="attachment_607" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="tennis courts"]tennis courts[/caption]











[caption id="attachment_608" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="this is where we crawled through to get out"]this is where we crawled through to get out[/caption]









[caption id="attachment_609" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="tennis gate"]tennis gate[/caption]







[caption id="attachment_610" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="tennis gate"]tennis gate[/caption]




No comments:

Post a Comment