Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fall.....

Today, I taught a short devotional at our Ladies Bible Class. Even though I had 10-15 minutes, it felt longer than that. It has been a long time since I have spoke before a large group of women. I wanted to share with you my blog friends what was taught to me in my quiet time with God. I can not take full credit for the acronyms that were used for each letter. It came from a bible study called creative ministry but I thought we could all benefit from it. I know I did! I did add my own to it! I hope you enjoy.  

 

I love the Fall! I love pumpkins, apples, and the cool weather. I love the smells. I love Starbucks latest flavor, though Pumpkin Spice latte is still my favorite. I love the baking, it means soup is on the stove. I love the decorations and all the opportunities to attend a fall festival. It means football season is in rare form. If you have ever been to the New England area and have seen the trees at fall time, it is beautiful. The leaves not only change colors, but they stay on the trees for more than just a day. You get to see colors that make a big box of crayons look bleak. Camping is a must for this time of year. What does fall mean to us in the spiritual sense?

 

"F-Fellowship with Christ and with other Christians.

 There’s nothing like a strong devotional life to help us to be spurred on to be what we should be for Christ. Felllowshipping with Him in prayer. Reading and knowing His word, and keeping our life from sin is imperative if we want His power on our life.

 

Psalm 109:4:

   ……….But I give myself unto prayer.

 Colossians 3:16:

   16Let the word of [Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom

teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, )singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

  Psalm 119:11:

    11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

 

"A- Abiding in Christ."

 We know if we want that invigorating power of Christ, we need to continually be obeying His word and commandments. We need to be in tune with Christ and abiding in Him.

 

1 John 3:24:

   24And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

 

 

 "L- Leaning on Christ."

The more we lean on Christ, the more we find that His power and strength are ours.

 

Psalm 46:1

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

 Psalm 91

   1He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  2I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

 

"L- Living for Christ."

Someone that lives for Christ can have such a powerful life. Being an idle Christiam will never get us anywhere. Living for Christ requires motion. If we are active for Christ it will help us to have the full power of Christ on our lives.

 

Romans 12:11:

11Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

 Psalm 100:2:

   2Serve the LORD with gladness……

 

Conclusion:

I think that having the power of Christ on our life just boils down to doing what we know we need to do as Christians and fully surrendering to the Lord in each aspect of being. We need to be daily walking with the Lord in order to have His crisp and invigorating power breezing through our lives.

 

I challenge you and myself to think of How THIS FALL WILL BE DIFFERENT….Fellowship, Abiding, Leaning, and Living for Christ. Maybe you will have a friend over for coffee, take food to someone, reach out to a neighbor, call a member who needs encouragement, etc……you can continue to fill in the blanks.

 

Blog world.....Tell me friends how will your F.A.L.L. be different? Share with me, if you will.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. My Fall will be different because of you.
    My Fall will be different because of Christ.
    My Fall will be different because, today I am able to see that some of my trials have been used to make me a better person.
    My Fall will be different because I now look forward to the Sprinttime, as a special gift is coming from God.
    My Fall will be different because God is answering my prayers to know him better.
    My Fall will be different because of the special Bible Study I am currently doing.
    My Fall will be different because of the crazy character who started this blog.
    Precious

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Fall will be different because of relationships made this year.
    My Fall will be different because of Christ also.
    My Fall will be different because I know that God has a plan and although I am not always privy to the "why's?" - I know Who is in control.
    My Fall will be different because with each year God allows and encourages me to grow closer to Him in so many ways.
    My Fall will be different because of special people like Shellbug!

    ReplyDelete