Sunday, September 23, 2007

Today, this day may it be the Lord's

  • Today, I should have done that one load of laundry and folded what was in the dryer. 
  • Today, I should have unloaded those dishes.  
  • Today, I should have prepared meals for the week for my sweetheart.   
  • Today, I should have finished my bible study for Ladies Class on Tuesday.  
  • Today, there are many things that should have been done BUT INSTEAD....      
 

 

My husband and I decided that there was a need far greater than the little things that we worry about in our day to day life. Some friends of ours, their precious baby is in the hospital! We felt a nudge by the Holy Spirit to go and comfort them and be of any service that was needed. I am not bragging by all means. It is just sometimes, we can get caught up in the "do to list" and forget about "God's people."  I was once told by a very wise woman who was my teacher many years ago....she said "you can have yourself a house, spotless & perfect and never get to see the outside or you can make a home of laughter, children playing with toys, full of people, and yes, a little dirt will not hurt and you will always see the outside!" Yeah, I know it is a run on sentence but y'all will get over it =)! The point is priorities! So, Today we are glad that we still have a "to do list" BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY WE ARE BLESSED TO HAVE SPENT IT WITH FELLOW BELIEVERS IN NEED!   

 

1 Corinthians 1225"so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it."   

We are all part of the body and we should all care for one another!! I'm so grateful to be part of a group that does care for one another!   

Have a blessed Sunday blog friends!  

No comments:

Post a Comment