Friday, September 18, 2009

Flooring

Well, we decided to redo the laundry room. New paint, new shelves, and new flooring. We picked travertine for the flooring. It is easier(in my opinion) to lay down travertine than tile. You have to deal with spacers and start from the center of the room. Travertine it is like a puzzle piece that you put together and can cut as you go along to make things fit. No I did not use a wet saw but I did use mortar and help hubby finish off the flooring by doing the border around the flooring. I even did the grout. The travertine is all different patterns but in the same family so it looks more like stone when your done. I am very proud of myself! This is something that I thought I couldn't do but in the end found out I could and I loved it! My friend Mrs. TD is the most handy woman I have ever met. I think she would be proud of me!

Here are before and a few after...I have more after but have not downloaded them yet...

[caption id="attachment_568" align="alignleft" width="300" caption=" linoleum on top of linoleum was how the previous owner "fix it""] linoleum on top of linoleum was how the previous owner "fix it"[/caption]

DSC_8682

[caption id="attachment_570" align="alignleft" width="300" caption="This picture is not the complete after shot. I will post that later!"]This picture is not the complete after shot. I will post that later![/caption]

Now, you can't tell but once you seal the flooring, it gets darker and the colors of each travertine piece come together. I promise it looks good! We had so much fun! Okay, maybe there were a few problems but we worked them out. Homeownership is an interesting journey!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the final picture! Still wondering if you all contract out hands for hardwood flooring :)

    ReplyDelete