Wednesday, April 27, 2011

3





My baby turned 3 on April 1st! For me 3 is such a big number. it takes him from babyish to toddler to boy pretty quick. Of course it happened before he turned 3! We had planned a big P-A-R-T-Y! That all got turned upside down when our water heater busted and all of our furniture was in the middle of our house. We also had people painting the inside of our home and they were not done yet. So we had to cancel the big P-A-R-T-Y. It was very difficult to make that decision since we had planned to invite everyone so we as a family could say goodbye/farewell to our Houston friends. That is why it was so hard on us to cancel. We had B-I-G plans for the whole weekend. That is okay. So
metimes you have to do what you have to do. My brother and sister in law were still coming so we decided to have his 1st party at the hotel we were staying at for the weekend. It was just my side of the family. My theme from the very beginning was trains trains trains. I even came up with a very inexpensive goodie bag but I will save it for next year. That is the beauty of it there is always next years party. We still did trains! We had a great time. We rode a mini-train downtown to start the festitives and then we headed back for lunch and cake. He really loves his Uncle and Aunt!







Then we traveled on his actual birthday to hubby's parents to celebrate with that side of the family. Hubby's mom and dad got him a Thomas cake! This kid had more cake and cupcakes than I care to admit. I was afraid he was going to start thinking every weekend was his birthday. I think he will remember this birthday for a long time!





No comments:

Post a Comment