Sunday, July 10, 2011

How Time Flies

I can NOT BELIEVE my time has come to go. I am still in shock that today was my last Sunday at our church. You know those strange dreams you have where you are watching what is unfolding before your eyes and you see yourself interacting with people? That is exactly how I felt this am. I looked around the pews shaking my head in disbelief. I must have hugged the same people 5 times in a row and looked into the sweet sweet faces of children that I have taught through the years. It is sometimes hard for me to grasp that I will not get the privilege of watching my friends' kids grow up right before my eyes. For me this is the toughest emotion to let go. If you didn't know it by know I get very attached to other peoples' kids. I have a connection with them and deep in my soul I believe it is a gift! Yes, I know "we" will keep in touch but honestly it just isn't the same seeing them from Sunday to Sunday or in between.

I have one particular friend whom is very emotional about this kind of stuff. I think that is why we get along so well. We really feel! I am getting together with her this week and I am bringing the kleenex. I know we will need it. Isn't it great to know you can be you? I pray that you have those sweet friends in your life that rejoice with you, cry with you, laugh with you and maybe even dance a little with you. This is very biblical! James 5:13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

My emotions are all over the place lately. My mind just keeps racing and it won't stop. Trust me it is all sweet memories. I have recalled the very first people I met when we got here to precious teens who had carried more Faith in their back pockets for me during a very dark time. 10 1/2 years is a big enough number to have multitude of boxes filled with beautiful stories. I am so grateful and blessed to have been part of those stories. So I "thank you" for the memories, good & not so good. If it was all easy & perfect then we would never know growth. Really I "thank you" for loving me enough to grow with me in my faith.

There is an old old song sung by Wayne Watson called Watercolor Ponies. I was at a camp when this song was first introduced to me. It is about cherishing those precious years with your family because time truly does fly! So my friends cherish your time & cherish the people in your life. Oh one more cool fact HE is from Houston! The only video I could find was really long so fast forward to 3:02 and the song will begin.


Lyrics to Watercolor Ponies :
There are watercolour ponies
On my refrigerater door
And the shape of something
I don't really recognize
Drawn by careful little fingers
And put proudly on display
A reminder to us all
Of how time flies

Seems an endless mound of laundry
And a stairway laced with toys
Gives a blow by blow
Reminder of the war
That we fight for their well-being
For their greater understanding
To impart a holy reverance
For the Lord

But, baby, what will we do
When it comes back to me an you?
They look a little less
Like little boys every day
Oh, the pleasure of watching
The children growing
Is mixed with a bitter cup
Of knowing the watercolour ponies
Will one day ride away

And the vision can get so narrow
As you view through your tiny world
And little victories can go by
With no applause
But in the greater evaluation
As they fly from your nest of love
May they mount up with wings
As eagles for His cause


No comments:

Post a Comment