Monday, July 23, 2012

7-up Cake

Any excuse to use my KitchenAid is a good start to any day. I love making this cake! It is easy and perfect with almost any meal. I typically make it for ladies events, potluck and for a family with a new baby. I LOVE taking meals to people. There is something so rewarding in knowing that what you created will nourish someone else's body and maybe soul ;0). Also it is a great cake for freezing. In this recipe I greased the pan with Crisco so I had to pay special homage to Ms. Minny in the movie The Help. I love the part in the movie when she explains how to use Crisco and what for to Ms. Celia.






7-UP POUND CAKE
3 sticks of butter (margarine will not do)
3 cups sugar
5 eggs
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons lemon extract
3/4 cup 7-Up



Cream butter and sugar for 20 minutes. 






Add the eggs, one at a time. 




Gradually add the flour slowly one scoop at a time. 




Should start to have a thick creamy consistency. 


Then add lemon extract. I FOLD in the 7-up otherwise adding it to the KicthenAid can cause a mess ;0). 


Should be creamy. 


Grease your pan with Crisco. 


I like to dust my pan with flour. My bundt pan is intricate with details so it requires some extra help. This way the cake with easily come out of the pan. 


I smooth the batter in  the bundt pan with a spatula so it will be even all around. 
Bake for 75 minutes(depending on oven) at 325 degrees. Cool for 20 minutes or more. 




Ta-da!!! Finished product! 

No comments:

Post a Comment