Tuesday, June 3, 2008

2 MONTHS OLD...=)

My baby is 2 months old today! Tomorrow is his doctor's appointment and I must admit I get a little nervous when I go. Hubby is going with me this time to discuss immunization shots. That alone is a mouth full! I have come to realize that people are either for it or against it. I have yet to meet someone who is right down the middle. How you ask can you be right down the middle on this topic? Well, some people pick and choose which immunization shots for their child to get and when to do them. That is what I mean! So, if you are that person please respond! Anyway, just pray for us for tomorrow will be a long day =)!

p.s. for whatever reason my blog says I posted this June 4th but it really is June 3rd at 8:30 p.m. when I wrote this. Just so no one will get confused when I give updates concerning the doctor appointment.

4 comments:

  1. Uh oh, you opened a can of worms! LOL
    We are non-vaxers when they are young. Our Dr. is very supportive of this (she is a D.O.) and she has a schedule she recommends for older kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Your blog header is one of the cutest things I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you have now met someone who is right down the middle! We feel that some vaccines are indeed helpful but 5 at a time on a new baby with hardly an immune system? Not in OUR book. We are also those crunchy vegan people too. HA! But, who can argue with a mom who has practically cured her arthritis by simply changing her diet. Back to the subject...Rylen had two at his first appointment because they could have been life threatening according to our ped and if i had known what I know now, we might have actually skipped those too. There are some that Rylen has yet to have (ie. shockingly, the polio vaccine) and we may decide that he needs those later in life, especially if we travel overseas or he goes on a mission trip. I look at the severity of the sickness. Would it be just a nuisance for him to have it or is it life threatening. I mean a chicken pox vaccine? Come on, we should be having neighborhood parties if there is a child with chicken pox. Getting the vaccine doesn't make you totally IMMUNE, but actually getting them does. Anyway, I could go on and on. I think one extreme or the other is simply not informing yourself. There are some that blindly go in and just do whatever they tell you to with no thought about what is best for your child and others just want to completely defy the whole thing.... ok, i'm still rambling. Last thing. GREAT BOOK! "The Vaccine Book". Tells you everything that is in the vaccines, the diseases they treat and the good and bad about not getting them. This book INFORMS you. Then you make the call. LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet picture! I hope you figured out all that vaccine stuff. I'd love to hear the outcome of your visit!

    ReplyDelete