Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Information

This is Day 25 of 31 Days of Serving Others Series






Matthew 7:12 "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."


It may seem strange to count or even say that,"information" could be a form of service. It is!
How many times have you moved to a new town or church or your kids have started a new school? Wouldn't it be great if we all had the information channel with everyone's ratings of what their experience was like at our finger tips? I still consider myself the new kid on the block so when I see someone who needs a little information I reach out. I am very sensitive to this matter since I am still finding my way in many areas of my life here in Austin. Plus what good is it to keep valuable information to yourself? Anyway, I shared information today with someone I met while eating lunch. I am not going to tell you the specifics. It is not important. I will be honest with you that I almost just sat there not saying a single word. Then I got that nudge. Ya know, the Holy Spirit can be a little pesty sometimes. Did I just say that? Oops, I did! Do you ever find it is always at the times when you need it all quiet and peaceful that HE calls you to step out? I do! So, the lady was very grateful and felt like she had a piece of gold in her pocket. I believe information can be like that for some people. Especially, when one is searching for something more.

What information do you need to share but are afraid to? Sometimes it is not easy but HE never said it would be. Did HE?

1 comment:

  1. I love to pass on information once I've learned it. That's my main reason for having a blog! Our library recently did some remodeling and they totally changed where you return books. After I finally figured out where I was to return books, I noticed a girl who I thought was looking for the return slot. I asked her if that's what she was looking for, and when she said yes, I showed her where to go. It took me about 10 whole seconds, but I know it was a huge help to her.

    ReplyDelete