Friday, October 21, 2011

Win, Then Give



This is Day 22 of 31 Days of Serving



Phil 3:12-14 (Jer) Not that I have become perfect yet; I have not yet won, but I am still running, trying to capture the prize for which Christ Jesus captured me. I can assure you my brothers, I am far from thinking that I have already won. All I can say is that I forget the past and I strain ahead for what is still to come; I am racing for the finish, for the prize to which God calls us upward to receive in Christ Jesus.




We had the opportunity to attend a charity event with our small group(life group) from church. At this event they had silent auctions where you could bid on an item at a low fee but win something supper special. I won! It is not important what I won. I actually ended up giving it away. A friend was sharing something with me and how she is trying really hard to work on the issue in her life. After she shared, the Holy Spirit guided me to give her my prize. She could enjoy it more than me! Let me tell you this was a REALLY good prize! It was hard for me to humble myself and give it away. My selfish side was really grabbing for excuses why I shouldn't. However, in the end the Jesus side won. I am really glad for that. She was genuinely elated and grateful!!! Sometimes you win, then give when it comes to serving others but in the end everyone is a winner! I know it's a little cheesy though so true!

Have you ever won something only to find it was never intended for you in the first place? Share your story.






No comments:

Post a Comment