Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ink & Pages

Equal Wholotta(real word, promise!) Fun!


This is Day 6 of a series called 31 Days of Serving Others. Go here for introduction.


Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. NKJV)


Okay, so nothing super profound here. Just a few gals wanting to get together and chit chat about a book. What book do you ask? Grace for the Good Girl by Emily P. Freeman(who knew she had a blog). Now, I know what you are thinking. How is this service? I stepped up to the plate to lead a group of women that I honestly don't know. We do have the fact that we serve a mighty Lord in common but beyond that I couldn't tell ya! That is kinda of exciting to get to know people through the pages of a book. I have always ALWAYS wanted to start a book club. Timing was just never right. I move to a new city, new church and I become the brave girl. EEEEKKKKK! Friends who really know me know that I would've just waited for someone to start one. I would've felt unworthy or maybe that I didn't fit the typical "criteria" to lead a group. Whichever, here I am on the ledge taking a big step of FAITH. In a way the service is a little about me. Is that selfish? I hope not!

I did have gifts to give away to names that were drawn out of a bag. That was so fun to surprise people. The gifts were a necklace with the word JOY written on it and a fancy porcelain mug with fancy girly shoes on it. I found out the beautiful woman who won the mug does not drink coffee or tea but she collects mugs. How perfect is that? God is so good. It made me feel really good to give both gifts away! Just the pure excitement on their faces was enough for me.

The heart of the service that struck me the most to my core were the reason why they joined a book club. Now, not all of them joined for the same reasons so keep that mind. The reason needing to build friendships was just a beautiful authentic statement made by one of the women in the group. It just made my heart smile. Something so simple as words on pages in a book can bring people together and possibly build lasting friendships is just a powerful picture!

Sometimes we are scared to step out on Faith and do something that the Holy Spirit is calling us to do. I employ you to do it! I know it is hard. Especially that knot in your throat or stomach is enough to make anyone sick. Instead of it being about you, it could be about someone else. It usually is about something bigger than yourself.

So what are you holding back? What are you needing to do to step out on Faith and do it? Pray over it. See where he leads you. If your heart is still being pricked then take a step sister! Don't worry about time or money or you. God will equip the one whom is dreaming! He always does!


*photo taken & borrowed from baker books*

2 comments:

  1. Just found you via Nester's link up. Love the things you've been doing. Adding you to my google reader :) And, I have a little redheaded boy too ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to meet you! Red heads are the best! ;0)

    ReplyDelete