Friday, October 21, 2011

Picture Phone


This is Day 21 of 31 Days of Serving Others


Galatians 5:13-14

For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”


We(my son, grannybug & myself) were at Chik Fil A having our weekly get together. This man whom appeared to be homeless walked in the doors and sat down right across from us. My son looks at him "hello, my name is _______. What's your name?" The older man introduces himself and they begin a conversation. After a few chit chats back and forth my son went into the play area while we finished our lunch. The man glanced at my phone for a minute.

He smiled "is that a Iphone that takes pictures you can send?"
"Yes, sir it is."
He reaches for another one of his fries " m'am can I ask a huge favor?"
" sure, what is it?" ( I am sure I looked like a deer caught in the head lights)
"Can you take a picture of me and send it to my son? I lost my phone over a year ago and my son has not seen me in years. I would love it if he could see me."
"Okay. No problem."

He brushed his dirty, sweaty hair back and straighten his shirt as best as he could before I captured the picture. I snapped it. Showed him the picture and then sent it to a person I have never met before. I did give an explanation with the picture so his son was not caught off guard completely. The gentleman grabbed what few belongings he had and turned to me " thank you so much that just made my whole day!" He walked away with a big grin and a little pep in his step. That is all it took. A quick picture from a phone to send out to his son.

They say a picture is worth a thousands words so what would a phone with a picture on it that you send to someone be worth? I bet I know what it was worth to this gentleman.

What do you think?








No comments:

Post a Comment